*as of 8/2/2018 - BECAUSE OF EXTREME LIMITED QUANTITIES AVAILABLE
THESE ARE ONLY BEING SOLD AS PAIRS. - Thank you.
Currie F9 Portal Axle for SCX10-II based vehicles
The F9 Portal axles create extreme amounts of ground clearance under the center of your axle, increasing the clearance by 1/2"+ (13mm). This provides the equivalent of a tire over 1 inch taller than what is on your vehicle. The advantage of the Vanquish Currie F9 Portals is the gear reduction inside the portal (1.67:1) which can be adjusted with optional gear sets (1.4:1 Overdrive). By adding reduction at the portal, less torque is transferred through the other upstream components in the drivetrain. These axles are a direct replacement to any Axial AR44 axle, using all stock links.
These axles come with all parts needed to assemble a full axle.
- Fronts Have Portal box built into the included knuckle with bolt on high steer arm for double shear mounting
- Gear reduction in the portal of 1.67:1 (18/30), Optional Overdrive Ratio of 1.4:1 (20/28) recommended for use in front axle only.
- Included Vanquish AR44 machined gear set
- Overall axle reduction of 6.26:1 with stock portal ratio
- 13mm increase in ground clearance
- Specifically design offset C-hubs is machined into the housing for strength, durability, clearance and scale appearance
- Hex to hex width of 7.66 inches, only roughly 5mm wider than a stock AR44 axle with a narrow hex
- Replaceable Chromoly threaded inserts used at knuckle and C-hub to ensure a stripped thread doesn't ruin your investment
- Brass knuckle bushing from the AR60 axles are used in place of SCX10-II sized for more durability.
- Chromoly AR60 size VVD axle shafts come preassembled
- Chromoly stub shafts with 6mm design at the drive pin which tapers down to a 5mm thread for ultimate strength
- Chromoly spool
- Aluminum 12mm hex with set screw
- Compatible with stock SCX10-II Chassis mounted servo or F9 Servo on axle mount
- Uses all SCX10-II linkage
- Adjustable steering stop integrated into knuckle
- Complete Fast Eddy Bearings kit
- Licensed by Currie Enterprises
- Comes with One Piece Bearing Retainers (Patent Pending)
- Double shear shock mounts
- Integrated Panhard mount
- Upper link mounts built into third member
- Increased upper link clearance for more suspension up travel ability
Requires the use of a 375 SLW hub or greater on Vanquish 1.9 wheels, Incision wheels will require a #4 or greater. Other wheel manufacturers offsets will vary. Axles must be used in pairs, you cannot run a front portal axle without a rear and vice versa.
*Overdrive gear sets are recommended for the front axle.
*F9 Servo Mount needed separate for axle mounted steering
*Now offering ASSEMBLY SERVICE ready to run axle assembly for $59.99